TERMS OF PARTICIPATION. You, a Partner, operate a web presence on which content creators (“Creators”) host their content. You will use our Service as a monetization tool that automatically distributes money from Subless Subscribers to you and the Creators who host content on your site.
Subless allows you to generate revenue from your existing site content. It also allows you to show different content to Subless-using Subscribers if you want to further develop a relationship with your supporters.
The benefits you get from being a Partner can change based on how our Subscribers use the Service. For example, some Subscribers may use Subless as a convenient tipping system while others are looking for greater interaction with Creators.
To integrate Subless into your platform as a payment mechanism, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Payments you receive as a Partner are derived directly from financial support of Subscribers who view the work of Creators on your site. Our technology allows you to see information about activity on the Creator content and statements related to your payment information.
Subless takes a 2% fee on each Patron’s monthly budget, then distributes the remaining 98% among the Creators and the Partners who host the Creator content.
PAYMENTS. When a Patron views creator content on your website, Subless records both the Creator who was viewed, and the Partner’s site on which they were viewed. You, as a Partner, receive 20% of the funds garnered by a piece of content you host and the Creator gets paid the remaining 80%. For example, if an art piece garnered $10 from Subscribers who viewed that art piece on your website, then the Creator would receive $8 and you would receive $2.
WHAT IS REQUIRED OF YOU TO USE THE SERVICE. Use of the Service requires the creation of a Subless user account ("User Account"). You are required to accurately complete and maintain the User Account and to provide us with all required information.
USE RESTRICTIONS. You agree not to do or attempt to do any of the following:
Use the Service if you are under eighteen years of age;
Use the Service to harm, threaten, or harass any person or organization;
Damage, disable, overburden, interfere with or impair use of the Service;
Enable unauthorized third-party applications to access or interface with the Service;
Harass, threaten, demean, embarrass, bully or otherwise harm any other Service user;
Use slurs, derogatory or explicitly violent language;
Share your password or otherwise authorize a third party to access or use the Service,
Modify, copy or make derivative works based on the Service;
Use unauthorized software or hardware to access or modify the Service.
ACCOUNT CANCELLATION. You can delete your account here. We can disable your account at our discretion. You can permanently delete your account at any time by going to your account page. We can terminate or suspend your account at any time at our discretion. You are required to give Creators on your site 1 month notice before canceling your account with Subless. You can otherwise cancel your account at any time.
WE CAN CHANGE OUR SERVICE. The features in our Service are subject to change. We will provide you notice of such changes by any reasonable means, including our posting of a notice on our Service or contacting you via email.
FRAUDULENT CREATORS AND SUBSCRIBERS. We attempt to screen for fraudulent creators and Subscribers but cannot guarantee the identity of anyone using our technology, including other Creators and partners using Subless, nor the validity of any claims made by other Creators or partners. We appreciate your help reporting suspicious Partner pages so we can keep our Service working for other creators making quality content and for the Subscribers that make it all possible.
HOW WE COLLECT PERSONAL INFORMATION. We collect Personal Information about you when you provide it to us directly. For example, you may provide Personal Information to us when you communicate with us using any means, create an account with us, use our Service, complete forms on our Service, seek technical or customer support from us with respect to our Services, submit questions or complaints to us, and otherwise provide us Personal Information about you. We collect and otherwise process this Personal Information to (1) tailor your experience when accessing or using our Service; (2) operate and manage our business (including developing, maintaining and supporting our Service); (3) provide you marketing and other information; (4) Comply with applicable law; (5) establish, exercise or defend our legal claims and rights; and, (6) for any other purpose(s) set forth in any consent you provide.
WHY WE COLLECT PERSONAL INFORMATION. We also collect Personal lnformation about you when you use our Service because it is necessary to provide functionality to you and to recognize you when you use different devices to access our Service. This Personal Information is also used for business purposes, such as identifying trends; developing or enhancing our Service; updating security protocols, and refining marketing messages we think may interest you.
NON-IDENTIFIABLE INFORMATION. We may collect and use non-identifiable Personal Information for any purpose to the extent permitted by applicable law when you interact with us in any way. We modify your Personal Information and make it non-identifiable as being yours, but still available for use in the functioning of our Service and for use in aggregate form. Examples of the Personal Information we capture include information that you input into the Service, notifications triggered by alert, your settings and your activities associated with your use of our Service (e.g. how frequently you use our Service, your user preferences, and particulars of your Service usage). All usernames, passwords, and location data you input into our Service are de-identified. If we are required to treat non-identifiable Personal Information differently under applicable law, then we may use it for all the purposes for which we use and disclose Personal Information, including to pursue our legitimate business purposes, operate, manage, and promote our business (including developing, maintaining and supporting our Service.
EMAIL. We may send you emails related to your account, billing issues and other business purposes.
USE OF PERSONAL INFORMATION BY SERVICE PROVIDERS. In non-identifying form, we share your Personal Information with third-party entities, business partners or others that provide services or perform functions on our behalf so that we may operate and manage our business, including but not limited to providing our Service to you. These service providers include entities that provide us with marketing and surveys; data hosting, storage retrieval and analytics services; email and shipping services; legal functions and process; and control and compliance processes. We operate in the United States but our service providers are in various countries throughout the world.
HOW WE SECURE PERSONAL INFORMATION. We use appropriate administrative, organizational and technical safeguards to protect information from loss, misuse, and unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration and destruction in light of the nature of the information processed. Personal Information transmitted through our Service is encrypted when transmitted. Please note that no data transmission or storage system is guaranteed to be entirely secure. We use appropriate administrative, organizational and technical safeguards to protect information from loss, misuse, and unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration and destruction.
THIRD-PARTY SOFTWARE. Our Service may include or provide links to third-party software components (“Third-Party Components”). If you utilize these Third-Party Components, you agree to be bound by applicable third-party licenses.
NO WARRANTIES. EXCEPT TO THE EXTENT REQUIRED BY APPLICABLE LAW, OUR SERVICE IS PROVIDED "AS-IS" AND ON AN "AS AVAILABLE" BASIS WITHOUT ANY WARRANTY, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, AND YOU USE OUR Service AT YOUR OWN RISK. WE DISCLAIMS ALL IMPLIED WARRANTIES OR CONDITIONS, INCLUDING ANY IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A SPECIFIC PURPOSE OR USE, QUIET ENJOYMENT, ACCURACY, OPERATION, COMPLIANCE WITH DOCUMENTATION AND NON-INFRINGEMENT. WE DO NOT MAKE ANY WARRANTIES THAT OUR SERVICE OR ANY DATA OR REPORTS PROVIDED BY US WILL MEET YOUR REQUIREMENTS, BE RETRIEVABLE, UNINTERRUPTED, TIMELY, SECURE, OR ERROR-FREE OR THAT ALL ERRORS WILL BE CORRECTED. WE ALSO DO NOT MAKE ANY WARRANTY AS TO THE RESULTS THAT MAY BE OBTAINED FROM THE USE OF OUR Service.
LIABILITY LIMITATIONS. TO THE MAXIMUM EXTENT PERMITTED UNDER APPLICABLE LAW, IN NO EVENT WILL SUBLESS’ AFFILIATES, LICENSORS, AND SUPPLIERS HAVE ANY LIABILITY WHATSOEVER ARISING FROM OR RELATING TO OUR SERVICE, WHETHER FOR DIRECT OR ANY OTHER TYPE OF DAMAGES WHATSOEVER, INCLUDING DAMAGES ARISING FROM THE USE OF OR INABILITY TO USE OUR SERVICE, AND ANY CONSEQUENTIAL, UNFORESEEABLE, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL, PUNITIVE OR EXEMPLARY DAMAGES OR DAMAGES RESULTING FROM LOSS OF DATA OR BUSINESS INTERRUPTION WHETHER THE CLAIM OR DAMAGES ARE BASED ON WARRANTY, CONTRACT, TORT (INCLUDING NEGLIGENCE), EXTRA-CONTRACTUAL LIABILITY, STRICT LIABILITY OR ANY OTHER LEGAL THEORY, EVEN IF WE HAVE BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF DAMAGES.